Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Welcome to the Horns of Cerastes!


There was also an humming-bird that spake unto the horned cerastes, and prayed him for poison. And the great snake of Khem the Holy One, the royal Uræus serpent, answered him and said:

I sailed over the sky of Nu in the car called Millions-of-Years, and I saw not any creature upon Seb that was equal to me. The venom of my fang is the inheritance of my father, and of my father's father; and how shall I give it unto thee? Live thou and thy children as I and my fathers have lived, even unto an hundred millions of generations, and it may be that the mercy of the Mighty Ones may bestow upon thy children a drop of the poison of eld.

Then the humming-bird was afflicted in his spirit, and he flew unto the flowers, and it was as if naught had been spoken between them. Yet in a little while a serpent struck him that he died.

But an Ibis that meditated upon the bank of Nile the beautiful god listened and heard. And he laid aside his Ibis ways, and became as a serpent, saying Peradventure in an hundred millions of millions of generations of my children, they shall attain to a drop of the poison of the fang of the Exalted One.

And behold! ere the moon waxed thrice he became an Uræus serpent, and the poison of the fang was established in him and his seed even for ever and for ever.
- Liber LXV, Cap. V

I've spent the last nine years or so writing the Head for the Red blog, a record of my pursuit of the Philosopher's Stone. I completed that Work a couple of years ago, and as part of that completion, I found myself beginning a whole new phase of my life, this time as an ACTUAL Thelemite, instead of just a "those who call me a Thelemite wouldn't be wrong" Thelemite. I joined both the A.'.A.'. and the Ordo Templi Orientis (OTO), and I've since been studying a lot of the things Crowley wrote for the first time since I was like 18.

And not being 18 is a HUGE benefit to people studying Crowley. I know I know, everyone's a teenage Ipsissimus, but I really thought I was. Seeing it anew from the perspective I'd reached after going through the personal transformation of the Alchemical Work put everything into a totally different context.

I've made a ton of friends in the OTO, and I have a lot of things I want to talk about that relate to OTO and Magick and life in general, but I built up a pretty big audience base over the last nine years of people who are not lodge folk, and may EVEN be somewhat antagonistic towards lodges in general. I may have been antagonistic at some points myself. Once or twice.

So I don't want to be focused on topics that are not prurient to that crowd on that blog, but I still have a lot to say about the A'.A.'. and OTO materials I'm working through. So I created this blog for that purpose.

If you're one of my Thelemic friends, this will be where I make mass jokes and dabble in pestilence-centering, and comment on Thelemic Life as I see fit. I have a LOT of opinions on things related to the Orders, and this gives me the platform to speak my mind without alienating all my other friends, clients, and audience in general.

It also gives me a chance to grow a new audience, more focused on a specific aspect of my Work these days.

So WELCOME!

Let the games begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The authors of Horns of Cerastes are happy to share their insights, opinions, and interests in all matters Thelema. Anything uncited is probably an informed opinion, but there are times when we have been known to just have fun. Do be careful, it might get on you. Also, all comments are moderated.